Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's hard to fit in when they don't understand so much behind these eyes

Hey Dreamer,
I'm so glad to tell you that I have had two summer job interviews! The first is saleswoman (who sells magazines over the phone, so phone girl ;) haha!) and this job I already got. It starts on April as a part-timer but this is not my dream job at all... I'm not totally sure can I sell magazines over the phone but we'll see! The second is waitress and I would love to have this job! I know that many people wouldn't dream to become a waitress but I would love to have that experience. I know that job is hard physically but I would be so ready for it! But let's see, I have that interview on next Wednesday, wish me luck!

I hate that it's so hard to find a summer job here in Finland nowadays. My mother tells me all the time when she was my age she just walked in the store or whatever and said “I'm coming to work with you” and that's it. Now you have to start your search late of December or beginning of January to get it going and really be active if you wanna find something. Well, I have really been active this year's search; I've already applied for 25 jobs! And more it's coming when I have strength enough to put some more applications... It's tiring.

One person who read my post “And my passion is...” got me thinking about my future job. As you know I would want my job to be maybe in Japan and that would include Japanese, naturally. I'm not worried that I wouldn't find a job (I'm never worry about can I get a job with this occupation coz I want to study what I want and it doesn't matter to me if the job places are hard to find.) but I'm worried that I'm not be accepted to study Japanese! That is my greatest fear at the moment. What would I do then?
It would be hard to deal with but I guess I would accept the place in Scotland... I would go to study English and German which isn't bad option at all but not my number 1- option. But after the year, I would apply to study Japanese again. Yep, that I would do. But I hope that this won't go this far... I would love to be accepted to study Japanese in the year 2011 :) I cross my fingers that my dream would come true!

Is this dream so weird then? Study Japanese. I have thought about that too... My lovely psychology teacher was amazed when I told her that I'm going to apply to study Japanese. She said that in her days people chose occupation as layers or doctors but they never even thought about those "strange languages". Also my interviewer (for that saleswoman job) was a bit amazed about my job choice. I saw on his face that he didn't except anything like that but maybe something to do with business. Haha, well I'm kinda glad that I'm not want to study anything “normal”, which are good occupations too, don't get me wrong! It's nice to say “I'm applying to study Japanese.” It's different here and it gives people something to think about.

But searching for a job sucks. I'm just hoping that I won't be jobless so long after I graduate some great year in the future! It's so stressing... And the fact that I should read also to my Finals at the same time doesn't make it any better... On Monday I will go to my school to watch what I got from my hearings (in Finland languages has 2 part in Finals; hearing part and the written part) so let's see how I did and do I have any chances to do great ;) So this was job-oriented post this time!

So have a great weekend and see you maybe next week! I'll tell you how my interview went and do I have any hopes for do good in my Finals! See ya!

~~ Cha

No comments:

Post a Comment