Saturday, February 12, 2011

And my passion is...

Hey Stranger,
How are you? It's February and I'm still writing this. That's kinda surprise but I'm not stopping! So what's happening in my life? A lot, a lot, a lot! The first thing is that my Finals have started – finally! I guess I'm the only one who's waiting Finals to start, haha. That's only because I want them to end so when they start they will also end, got me? But it's kinda stressing too bcoz I need to read and I don't want to. I'm lazy! But luckily I have just Finnish, German and English finals, maybe I can survive ;)

BUT, the HUGE thing is this: I got an answer from university of Aberdeen! From Scotland! If I'll get M as an average mark of my report they'll accept me. If I didn't blow completely my Finnish part ein up last Friday, I'm kinda sure I will achieve that. So one university is almost sure! But the only bad side of this is that I would LOVE to study Japanese! My passion! That language is so intriguing that I just have to learn it and I have tried to learn it! These degrees that Aberdeen offers me are English and English + German. Like you see I love languages, BUT that Japanese! Ash, I just hope I could go to study Japanese somewhere and yes, I have applied to read it to Edinburgh and I'm going to apply to Helsinki and Vaasa. I just hope that one of them would accept me and I would say 'yes' right away!

So why Japanese? I got excited about that the language when I was in junior high school then in high school anime, manga and Japanese music and drama came along. Nowadays I just watch j-drama and try to study Japanese. But I have ulterior motive to study Japanese. Furthermore that I love that language and that very different culture from ours, I would love to become stewardess. And bad for me, I'm too short to Western airlines so I'll keep my hopes up that I could be accepted to Asian airlines but you never no. And if this “little” dream don't work out I will be super delighted that I learnt Japanese! And even if I couldn't fulfill my dream I will still learn Japanese.

Yep, Japanese is my passion and what I want to do in the future. I just hope that it will work out and I will work for it! And I wouldn't mind to live in Tokyo or Kyoto some beautiful day ;) I'm not afraid to step out from my comfort zones and live in different culture and be a little less Finnish. That is what I seek; different kind of culture and I'm infatuated to Japanese culture.

So maybe 5 years from now I will see Tokyo's skyscrapers or Kyoto's cherry blossoms and truly SPEAK with Japanese people. And that I can always practise with my two Japanese friend :)

Sayonara! (and maybe soon I'll remember also hiraganas and katakanas ;)

P.S. My next week will be busy, busy, busy! I'll have two hearings (English and German), Sex and the City- evening with my girlfriends, penkkarit (I told you about that event last post) and my birthday! 19 already! I just can't understand where the time went, but I won't complain ;) And yeah, Japanese food is waiting me on Tuesday bcoz I'm going to dine to Japanese restaurant with one of my best friends. Yammy!

14 comments:

  1. I can easily understand your love to Japan! I'm from Poland and I'm in love with Finland, finnish language and culture ;) I'm tryin' to learn finnish, but i'm really, really lazy
    Happy birthday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so nice to hear! Yep, I'm kinda lazy too and I don't have so much time to study Japan so maybe the easiest way is that I make my passion my work ^^
    Can I ask you when did you get interested of Finland?

    And thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a bit hard to define;) When I was in junior high school I started to listen some finnish bands, finnish songs, more, more and more finnish songs in different styles, I wanted to hear this "beautiful, strange language" all the time. And, suddenly I noticed that it's love to whole country, culture etc, not only to music and language. Now, I'm in 2nd class of high school and i'm going to study Finland ;)
    yeah, I know my english isn't perfect;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is kinda the same way how I got interested in Japanese and Japan ;) Really? That is so great! Are you going to apply to university or finish high school here or? (and sorry if I ask too many questions! ^^' You don't have to answer if you don't want to ;)

    Well, mine isn't neither and still I'm writing a blog in English x) But I think your English is very good and once you'll come in Finland, your Finnish will improve also very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's really nice to find someone who is the same crazy about some country as me:) So aks as much as you want. My family and friends often say "Finlad?! You won't find any job after such studies!" but now I'm young and I want realise my dreams (even hey're crazy;), not worry about job.
    I'm going to apply to 2 univerisities in Poland (bcoz 'Finnnish Philogy' is at only 2 universities), but I have never thought about studying abroad.
    I thuought that it's easier to get intrested in Japan by manga or anime - it's very popular nowadays, at least in Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, yes, I think that people wouldn't think Finland first :P We're not so visible in the world so I know your family's and friends concern :)
    Yes!! I'm think so same with that! I'm not thinking "can I get a job when I graduate?" I'm just want to study what I know I can and I have interest in to study so Japanese is that for me ;)
    Okey! But that Finnish philogy sounds good :) I'm sure that if you're very interested in the subject, when you graduate, you'll find a job! :)
    Yeah, I guess 'Japan'-phenomenon is kinda just in MY head but not as strong among the other people here... Not many people who I know are interested of Japan...But of course you find people that who are and that's great :)
    (I'm bad post a comments coz I can't do that briefly, hehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, job is a distant future:D First thing is to graduate school with good marks and pass exams well, then get into univeristy:)
    It's great that you have a job - I would like to find sth for holidays, but now my only way to earn some pocket money is my second passion - making jawellery (you'll be able to see it on my blog, but now I don't have photos). And I wish you good luck for next interview:)
    In Poland, Japan isn't very popular, but I know many people who like watching anime;) Manga is less popular, bcoz it's a bit expensive. I think Japan is very intresting and if I won't get into finnish philology maybe i'll try with Japan... who knows?;)
    hmmm... if comments haven't enough space maybe we should use emails?:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, maybe it is yes ;D But I like to think of future ;)
    Thank you! :) Oh, I would love to see them! I wish I could be so handy to make jewelleries or just anything :P
    Yeah, many people think that Finnish and Japanese are pretty similar (well I don't know where they have got this thought) but some people think that Finns look like Japanese ?? And also the language (??) sounds a bit same, but I don't know, haha... To my ear they are so different ;)
    Yes, that would be great! :) I guess I can email you through this blog thingy so let's see ;) I'm kinda new with these so, hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, I don't think that those languages are similar, but I like Japanese:) and it seems to be quite easy to learn (but script looks scary for me) :) and I don't know how anyone can think that Finns (and Europeans generally)and Japanese look similar:) But Japan is realy intersting, so, if not Finland, why not Japan?:)
    I'm new with blogspot too, and every time when I wanna add post I have to fight with photos, text editor and everything xD
    Have a good week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I don't think that too... Yeah, why not ;) It's a good option too - in my opinion!
    Good to hear that I'm not the only one ;) Hopefully you got my mail(?)
    Yeah, you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you send me an email? I checked, but I haven't got any :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, some message I did send to you :P I don't know where that went, though... Haha, I sound like so stupid right now :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I found it! Check your email ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. yep, I got it and I answered:)

    ReplyDelete